LifeStriders strives to provide a safe riding experience for all of our participants and requires that all participant families abide by our safety regulations. As we all gear up for another exciting year, we ask that you please review our safety rules.
- Please reserve parking in front of building for Riders and Participants. Volunteer and staff parking is available along the side and rear of the building.
- To avoid traffic jams in the driveways please arrive earlier than your designated class time.
- Parents or guardians must keep siblings, friends and relatives of the rider in the Viewing Areas. Please do not bring pets.
- When a volunteer escorts a rider to the parents or guardians, upon class completion, the parents or guardians need to contain the rider to the Viewing Areas.
- For training and safety purposes, we ask that volunteers and participants NEVER HAND FEED THE HORSES.
- Please do not climb or lean on any fences, gates or doors.
- No one is to enter the Barn Manager's apartment. or other buildings on the property, other than the barn.
- In order to ensure the safest riding conditions, we ask that children and visitors refrain from screaming, running, or ball playing on the premises.
- Only the rider and staff/volunteers are allowed in the teaching arena.
- Unless instructed to do so by the Therapeutic Riding Instructor , please refrain from giving the riders instructions.
- A helmet must be worn at all times during the lesson hour.
- Riders MUST wear long pants to ride, jeans are preferred.
- All Riders must wear shoes. No one will be allowed to ride or be around the horses if they are barefoot or in sandals. We prefer the shoes have a ¼” heel rather than tennis-type shoes. Volunteers must wear sturdy non-opened toed shoes. We do not recommend steel-toed shoes.
- Volunteers- Please refrain from wearing clothes that are too tight or revealing- No tank tops, bra tops, shorts, etc.